So the more I think about it, the more I realize that Easton and I are like Loreleigh and Rory on Gilmore girls. Seems odd at first thought, but the essence is there. He will be the kid who keeps me in line for the rest of my life. If you know Easton at all, you know he is proper, smart, structured and a bit of a perfectionist. A few examples of his "quirks" (as I call them):
- He has never been good with getting messy. He doesn't want to finger paint because his fingers have to get dirty, and he screams if he drips any food on himself or gets any on his hands. We are always encouraging him to get dirty and to relax.
- He has to remind me to clean up at times.
- He likes to look proper. He wants nice shoes, sleeves rolled down, hair combed nicely forward, etc. I am trying to loosen him up a bit!
- The other day he insisted that he hold the paper with directions to where we were going because the windows were open and he didn't trust me not to let go of it - afraid that the paper would fly out the window.
I can just see me trying to get him to ditch his homework for a good time and he tells me he can't, or he will keep me on track with what we need to get done next, etc. I guess it's a blessing that God gave me such a great little responsible helper!
1 comment:
Loved your Gilmore Girls story. Andrea and I both loved that show. Isn't it amazing how this little people come to this earth with their personalities already formed like that?
Post a Comment