




My first summer intensive class is finished! It was a lot of work, but I also learned a lot. Easton was resilient spending his days in Rocky's office or with Lisa or Shannon and their kids. He did great.
This weekend was busy and a lot of fun. Friday night Rocky and I went to a fundraising gala for Lupus and Arthritis. Rocky is helping with the fundraising campaign "Celebs for Kids". He is coordinating the golf tournament for August (a TWU connection and sponsor). The gala was pretty fun - the kind of event us Abbotsford folk don't usually attend but just see in the movies. Stand up event, grab a glass of wine from the servers walking around with trays, leave your glass on a table for someone to pick up after you, have a crab cake/mushroom tart/spring roll/etc from the servers as they walk by, cirque du solei entertainment, music, and celebrity endorsment, and more.
Yesterday (Saturday) was Dave & Wendy's wedding. They are finally married, and it was a beautiful wedding! The ceremony was at Milner chapel in Langley and reception at Bedford House in Fort Langley. It was a special day. Rocky was the MC at the reception and did a great job.
Tomorrow I head back to school for my next class. It should be a fun one - ropes courses, rowing and lots of team building activities. It's Conflict Management and Team Building. I'm a bit nervous to step out of my comfort zone for the physical stuff, but it will be good for me. Easton is taking a bottle again, so I can feel comfortable leaving him all day when needed. Lucky for me he's a flexible little guy (well, not so little I suppose! - He is now a wopping 20 lbs 13 oz - which is equal to a big 1 year old. Big cutie! The outfit that he is wearing for the wedding was from my Oma Regier, and she was thinking it would be for Christmas. :-)
2 comments:
great to see your updates and photos... wow, Easton is looking great :) such an adorable "little man" outfit! Love the argyle sweater-vest... Caleb had one kind of like that too (Children's Place).
Keep in touch!
D
You have a beautiful family.
Post a Comment